I’d like to start this blog post by saying that it is Tuesday night and I am watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Just like the good old days (yes, I am so old that I watched Buffy back when it was originally airing on THE UPN!) But being that old means that I get to drink wine whenever the heck I want so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But these days, Tuesdays mean another installment of Top Ten Tuesday from http://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/top-ten-tuesday/ That Artsy Reader Girl. This week we have Top Ten Authors I’d Like to Meet!
- Patrick Rothfuss – I honestly just want to thank him for writing The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man’s Fear. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed reading a book quite as much as I’ve enjoyed his books. I’ll try to restrain myself from begging for book three of the Kingkiller Chronicles. Y’all, I need to know what the heck is with Bast!
- Brandon Sanderson – Also, would love the thank him personally for bringing Wax and Wayne into the world. Sure, he’s written some other good stuff, but Mistborn Era 2 is the best.
- Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman – I legit feel like they’d just be super fun to chill with. A few drinks with them definitely wouldn’t end in a bloody space adventure.
- Leigh Bardugo – I need to question this amazing lady on how to write AMAZING characters and witchy goth fashion tips.
- Ernest Cline – I kinda want to watch Stranger Things with this guy. Or listen to A LOT of 80s music with him.
- LJ Smith – First, I need to talk to her about the Stranger Fate debacle. And then I need to nerd out with her about my deep and unending love for her amazing 90s paranormal books.
- Holly Black – I’ve been reading Black’s books for damn near a decade. I’d love to thank her for giving me books to escape into during my 20s.
- Pierce Brown – It’d be fun to get my hipster on with Pierce “I write emotionally traumatizing Sci Fi epics” Brown.
- VE Schwab – Okay, technically, I just met her last week. But I want a do over. My words were dumb and I cannot have that be my only interaction with the wonderful Queen Schwab. Next time, I’m bringing a small bottle of whisky.
- Kiersten White – BECAUSE SHE IS WRITING SLAYER AND I HAVE TO THANK HER FOR IT!
Well that’s it for this week! I’m hoping to get a review out tomorrow. If not, I shall return on Thursday for a cheater’s edition of Top 3 Thursday!
Have a fantastic day tomorrow, y’all!