I have spoken many times about the amount of unread books I own. Frankly, the number of unread books I own is shameful. Enter Beat the Backlist, hosted by NovelKnight. Go check out her blog for all the official info about the challenge, but I’ll sum it up for you…
Basically, read your damn (pre-2019) books!
So, without further ado or abuse of gif posting ability, here is the beginning of my Beat the Backlist TBR for 2019:
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- The Seven Realms and Shatter Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima
- The final three books in the Jackaby Series by William Ritter
- The Confectioner’s Coup and The Confectioner’s Truth by Claire Luana
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne series by Brian Stavely
- Hunting Prince Dracula and Escape from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
- Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
- All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness
- The Magicians trilogy by Lev Grossman
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
- Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
- Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness
- Scythe and Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
- Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
- The Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner
That’s just the beginning, mind you. On January 1st I will be taking an inventory of my current owned books and making a full blown list of books I plan to read in 2019. I really need to get my ratio of read to unread books in better shape. I will be setting my Goodreads challenge to 100, so I am aiming high next year.
Anyone else doing the Beat the Backlist challenge? And if yes, are you participating in the Hogwarts Houses? And if yes, what house are you in? Just wrapping up with a few rapid fire questions…
Happy New Year’s Eve eve! Cheers to many hours of reading in the new year!