This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is Favorite Book Couples! Okay, so…I kinda did this last week for my Friday Favorites post. BUT that post was short because I was having a meltdown over trying to figure out stupid InLinkz. So, here is a more comprehensive list of all the folks who make me swoon HARD!
FYI: This is a list of couples. Which means there are spoilers for who ends up with who. I don’t go into any deep spoilers of the books but I obviously name the couplings. The books discussed are: Godsgrave, North and South, The Wicked King, Mistborn Era 2, Mistborn (the original trilogy), The Last Magician, Red Rising Saga, Song of the Lioness quartet, The Immortals quartet, and The Infernal Devices.
- Margaret and Mr. Thornton (North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell) – Okay, yes, a lot of this is based off the fact that I swooned HARD over Richard Armitage as Mr. Thornton in the BBC miniseries. But I still love these two!
- Jude and Carden (The Wicked King by Holly Black) – HEAR ME OUT! Yes, Jude and Carden are toxic AF and I certainly don’t want a relationship like theirs…but it is SO FUN TO READ! It’s the whole watching a car accident thing, you know you shouldn’t be looking but you can’t tear your eyes away from the carnage. Give me that dramarama on the page, but not in reality.
- Mia and Ashlinn (Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff) – Y’all, I did not see this relationship coming but damned if I didn’t love it the second it happened.
- Wax and Steris (Mistborn Era 2 by Brandon Sanderson) – I have the worst memory so I can’t go into much of why I love these two I just know that when I think of them I get a sad little ache in my heart.
- Vin and Elend (Mistborn Original Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson) – I DARE YOU TO FIND ME A MORE PERFECT COUPLE!
- Esta and Harte (The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell) – Another that I can’t talk much about because the details are lost to time and crappy memory. But I do know there was antagonism and snark and that’s just how I like my bookish couples to start.
- Sevro and Victra (Red Rising by Pierce Brown) – I love love love these two and if Brown harms either of them in the upcoming Red Rising saga books I WILL RIOT!
- Alanna and George (Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce) – these two are so damn cute and if I remember correctly there is much snark shared betwixt these two.
- Daine and Numair (The Immortals quartet by Tamora Pierce) – Sooooooooooo…this one is maybe a teensy bit problematic with the age difference but WHATEVER! I think it was handled pretty well and I just don’t care because NUMAIR IS BAE!
- Will, Tessa, and Jem (The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare) – These three give me ALL THE FEELS! This series makes me ugly sob every time I read it. Every. Single. Time.
I may be a bitter spinster but I do love to read about love! Who are some of your favorite literary couples?