*nervous laughter* Oh, so it’s Friday? I definitely didn’t almost forget to post for the weekly blog that I host. Definitely not. I just got back today from a very lovely, yet very exhausting trip to see my best friend get married. And tomorrow is the massive party/reception. Basically, this post is going to be short because this blogger needs a full night of sleep to prepare for all the extroverting I’m going to be doing tomorrow.
There is nothing I like more than a good character death. The more tragic, the better. I’m a terrible person ¯_(ツ)_/¯
FYI: this post contians spoilers for Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Nevernight, and the Mistborn Trilogy.
- Rob Stark and everyone at the Red Wedding (A Storm of Swords by George RR Martin) – I remember when I was reading that book that I thought the whole Frey situation was going to get resolved and my Starks would have a new ally. Wow…I was so very wrong. I was no longer a summer child after that scene.
- Hedwig (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling) – I AM NOT OKAY WITH PET DEATHS
- Tric (Nevernight by Jay Kristoff) – This was a death that I had to read a few times before my brain comprehended what happened.
- Kelsier (The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson) – Also a death scene I had to read a few times. This was the moment I realized Sanderson does not mess around.
- Vin and Elend (The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson) – SANDERSON DOES NOT MESS AROUND.
There are so many more I could add to this list, but my eyes are starting to burn with that “GO TO SLEEP OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES” feeling.
Friday Favorite Posts from around the book blog community: