All I want for Christmas are ridiculously rare books!Read More
Ah, Autumn! That wonderful time of year when the temperature drops, and I can finally start wearing my vast collection of sweaters. *looks at outdoor thermometer and sees it is 98 degrees* Well, heck! At least I can read autumnally until the weather decides to cooperate.Read More
Hello. hello and welcome to Tuesday! The topic for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, is Auto Buy Authors! So let’s dive straight into my list of awesome authors that I just can’t say no to.Read More
Hello and Happy Tuesday, my dear bookish people! I hope your week has had a fantastic start. I’m happy to be here with a Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is the top ten books from your favorite genre. Now, you might not know this about be, considering how fantasy heavy my blog and bookstagram is, but Sci-Fi is actually my favorite genre. I just find it harder to find Sci-Fi books that click with me. Fantasy is easier for me, but my heart lies in space.Read More
The theme of this week’s Top Ten Tuesday is the first ten book I’ve reviewed. Considering my one year anniversary of book blogging is this week (the 24th, if my terrible memory isn’t lying to me), this topic is an awesome one. I never knew that consumer reviews were so important to authors before I found #bookstagram and the book blogging community. And now that I’m here, I live for reviewing. Even though I may scream about how hard it can be sometimes…but that’s a whole different post for later. So, without further ado, my first ten reviews on this blog:
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – I’m actually about to start read Legendary tomorrow! I’m hoping for more sumptuous writing from Garber.
- Kingdom of Ruins by D.C. Marino – I’m actually due for a reread of this one! The author is re-releasing the book soon, so I’ll probably pick it up again then.
- Rule by Ellen Goodlett – This was my first ever ARC! I still remember losing my damn mind when I got the package with this book.
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell – I just reread this book and damn do I LOVE IT! I need to read the sequel, The Devil’s Thief soon.
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young – This book was good…but not that good. But I might have a slight bias against this one so ¯_(ツ)_/¯
- The Wicked King by Holly Black – To this day, this is still my most popular review. For a few months, I was getting 2-5 views of it a day. I loved being able to review this one!
- The Confectioner’s Guild by Claire Luana – This was my most favorite review to write! Not only did I love this book, but the review has Great British Bake Off gifs sprinkled through the whole thing and it MAKES ME HAPPY!
- Secrets of the Tally by Halie Feweks – This is one of the first books I ever reviewed for an indie author! It was such an interesting concept!
- Sea Witch by Shelley Henning – Oh boy, this book is infamous in my #bookstagram book club. #teamkingwhale forever!!
- The Backlist: Jay Kristoff – So, with my new knowledge of the importance of book reviews, I started a thing where I do short reviews of books I’ve read in the past but never reviewed. I kinda love that Jay Kristoff books were my first Backlist reviews.
Cheers to a year of book reviews and book blogging and buying more books than I’ll ever be able to read!
Happy Tuesday, my dear bookish people! The topic of this week’s Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl) is Rain Day Reads, which is perfect because as I write this we are having what is likely the last rainy evening of the season. Really, to me any book is a rainy day read, because there is nothing better than reading as the rain falls, but I’m gonna list books I can picture myself reading as a storm rages outside my window.
- Dark Visions trilogy by LJ Smith
- Mistborn Era Two books by Brandon Sanderson
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Storm Front by Jim Butcher
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
I am so sad the rainy season is coming to an end.