Yes, hi, how is it the end of April already? As much as I am flabbergasted at the general velocity of time (not sure if that makes sense but I’m running with it), I am very excited about the last day of April because I got a promotion at work and tomorrow is the first paycheck with the new promotion pay! THINK OF ALL THE BOOKS I’LL BE ABLE TO BUY!
Wait, no! Don’t think of all the books. Because as we are about to find out…I acquired far too many books this month.
The Graphic Novels
So, I’m not much of a graphic novel reader. I think the last one I read was the Firefly graphic novel about Shepard Book’s past (SO GOOD to finally get that knowledge) and that was yearssssss ago. But this month I watched The Umbrella Academy on Netflix and I just had to get my hands on the source material. I also grabbed the Steel Prince bind up from VE Schwab because apparently, I cannot stop giving that author my money.
- DEV1AT3 by Jay Kristoff – I’ve already read this eARC and hot damn I loved it! I’ll have a full review up one month before publication, but if you want to read a fast, little ramble-y review (no spoilers!) check out my Instagram feed.
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa – I may have audibly gasped when I got the approval for this eARC. It will be one of the first books I read in May because I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!
- The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones – I actually just got the approval for this eARC this morning and I am DYING to read it! They invoked the name of Buffy in the synopsis, so I was sold on this one. I’m hoping to squeeze it into May somehow.
- Beyond the Black Door by A. M. Strickland – This one I got a physical ARC of which makes me happy because it is so damn pretty I want to take pictures from like 99 different angles. Strickland co-wrote on of my favorite underrated sci fi novels, so I am very excited to jump into this one.
The purchases that prove I have no self-control…
- A Question of Holmes by Brittany Cavallaro
- A Gathering of Shadows Collector’s Edition by VE Schwab (see earlier comment about Schwab and my money)
- An Ocean of Minutes by Thea Lim
- Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte
- The Pioneer by Bridget Tyler
- The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas
- Here and Now and Then by Mike Chen
- The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare
- Wicked Saints by Emily Duncan
- The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman
- Jade City by Fonda Lee
- Seven Blades in Black by Sam Sykes
I was also lucky enough to get some book through Storygram Tours:
- The Tiger at Midnight by Swati Teerdhala
- The Rule of Many by Ashley and Leslie Saunders
- Venators: Magic Unleashed and Venators: Promises Forged by Devri Walls
And here is the big confession:
I re-bought the entire Twilight Series.
Some of my #bookstagram friends are doing a reread of the series and I just couldn’t say no. I sold my copies ages ago (*shakes fist at past Kibby*) so I had to grab some cheap copies through Thrift Books. Not gonna lie, I am excited to revisit these books! There will always be a soft spot in my heart for cheesy high school vampire romance stories.
So…twenty-six books. Yikes! That makes my ratio for the month 9 read books to 26 acquired books. These are NOT the numbers I was hoping for. I’m going to try and make a big push for reading in May, so maybe I’ll final have a month where I read more than I acquire. Hopefully.
How was your month on the book buying front?